[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Main Forums » General Discussion » A little CTF fun for the Summer
A little CTF fun for the Summer
WaspKillerDate: Saturday, 2009-07-25, 8:07 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Hello,

If anyone would like to play some (OA 0.8.1) CTF on Sunday, 26 July join us here:

1. Please Enable AutoDownloads at least for the duration of the event.

2a. Connect to 208.85.4.48:27970 from 2:00PM (14:00) to 4:00PM (16:00) USA Eastern Standard Time

or

2b. Connect to 208.85.4.48:27970 from 9:00PM (21:00) to 11:00PM (23:00) USA Eastern Standard Time

Time Conversion for those who live in a different time zone: http://wwp.eastern-standard-time.com/

Features:
Capture the Flag
Return the Flag
One Flag Capture the Flag
14 maps
20 player slots
44 spectator slots

Capture the Flag (CTF):

Like TDM but with the added dimension of having to achieve an objective.
Capture the Enemy’s Flag and take it back to your base to score a point.

Return the Flag (RTF):

RTF is more difficult than regular Capture the Flag but it is also a better team game. The difference is that if your team flag is moved you cannot return it to your base by merely touching it. You have to take it back, so watch out!

One Flag Capture the Flag (1FCTF):

In 1FCTF, you have to pickup the Neutral Flag (White Flag) in the middle of the map and try to get to the enemy’s base to score a point.

Don’t forget that it’s the enemy’s base and therefore well protected! You may stand a better chance of winning if most of your team goes on offense.

Some helpful videos: http://oa.goquake.com/?page_id=173

jessicaRADate: Saturday, 2009-07-25, 11:02 AM | Message # 2
meow-er
Group: Moderators
maybe when it gets quieter i'll pop in. my connection can't handle nemesis properly with 10 on it nevermind 20 and 40 spectators o.o

valherusDate: Saturday, 2009-07-25, 2:04 PM | Message # 3
Master, Admin & Owner LOL!
Group: Administrators
I will try to get there but If the server is not unlagged then I guess I wont play too much. I will check it anyways. Thanks for posting!

AlmaDate: Saturday, 2009-07-25, 4:43 PM | Message # 4
The Server Lady
Those are the servers running excessive plus, i think i will check it out

WaspKillerDate: Monday, 2009-07-27, 5:12 AM | Message # 5
Private
Group: Users
Quote (jessicaRA)
maybe when it gets quieter i'll pop in. my connection can't handle nemesis properly with 10 on it nevermind 20 and 40 spectators o.o

Actually like Alma later wrote it is ExcessivePlus not Nemesis. And, although the server will have that many player and spec slots it would be a miracle of biblical proportions if we got that kind of turnout especially for the 1st event. I'd be happy with 8 to 10 players for the early event.

Quote (valherus)
I will try to get there but If the server is not unlagged then I guess I wont play too much. I will check it anyways. Thanks for posting!

Thanks for your interest!

Quote (Alma)
Those are the servers running excessive plus, i think i will check it out

I like you already! I can tell that you are the brains of the operations... biggrin

Added (2009-07-27, 5:12 Am)
---------------------------------------------
I would like to thank anyone who attended either of the CTF Events. I know it was difficult for many players to have really enjoyed themselves since they were new to ExcessivePlus. So a special thanks to those who braved the speed and stayed for several maps.

For those who are still wondering what was the purpose of the events it was simply to Promote E+, get Clanless and Clan players together for a little fun, and possibly interest some players to OA who might not be interested in baseoa but like the speed and power of E+.

For Clans who liked the experience please consider setting up your own E+ Server:
http://oa.goquake.com/?page_id=72

For those players who have no intention of trying it again do check out the other Mods in OA like Defrag and AlternateFire.

One of the things that I always liked about Quake III was the amount of Mods that were created for it. These made the game more popular as they expanded the choice of game play styles. OA has all the benefits of Q3 and much more but it is sorely in need of some promotion. Anything to attract more people to it is a good thing in my opinion.

Some Screen Shots from the Events:
http://wasp.goquake.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=1392

E+ Info and Videos:
http://oa.goquake.com

Message edited by WaspKiller - Sunday, 2009-07-26, 0:44 AM

jessicaRADate: Monday, 2009-07-27, 8:04 AM | Message # 6
meow-er
Quote (WaspKiller)
Quote (jessicaRA)
Actually like Alma later wrote it is ExcessivePlus not Nemesis. And, although the server will have that many player and spec slots it would be a miracle of biblical proportions if we got that kind of turnout especially for the 1st event. I'd be happy with 8 to 10 players for the early event.

yes i know its not nemesis the mod. i was really meaning in general how i lag when there is more than a few playing and under fire. its more my connection than anything else being too low rate. it looks like i missed it anyway.

HITMANDate: Tuesday, 2009-07-28, 3:49 PM | Message # 7
Co-Admin
Yea, how did it go? Did anyone attend?

valherusDate: Tuesday, 2009-07-28, 3:55 PM | Message # 8
Master, Admin & Owner LOL!
I did, but I dont like excesive too much, so I played a map then I left...

HITMANDate: Wednesday, 2009-07-29, 2:39 PM | Message # 9
Co-Admin
I heard that mod was a bit different and needed some getting used to. O well.

Forum » Main Forums » General Discussion » A little CTF fun for the Summer
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024Make a free website with uCoz