Team Valherus
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Main Forums » Maps, Textures & some downloads » Isabelle (ARjvkwuyMsMwH)
Isabelle
GuestDate: Sunday, 2012-03-04, 2:10 AM | Message # 1
Group: Guests

The commonest ones I've come acorss are fedora (red hat desktop version), ubuntu, suse, knoppix, probably in that order. But that may not be representative, it's just what I've come acorss as ones used by people I work with. I know that ubuntu and knoppix come as live CDs not sure about the others I've listed above.I'm using ubuntu at the moment. So my view is that that is the best and most popular but that is *only* my opinion.Download a few and try them out, give them a couple of hours trial and see which you like best. What will it cost? download time and a few blank CDs.Probably a more important question for you to consider is do you prefer KDE as a desktop or Gnome as a desktop. For some distributions you can choose, for some you are stuck with one or the otherBut I'm not using a live CD I've found they are disproportionately slow cos they're running off the CD not the hard disk great for playing with, not so great for using.ubuntu.com

Forum » Main Forums » Maps, Textures & some downloads » Isabelle (ARjvkwuyMsMwH)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024Make a free website with uCoz